Saturday, October 30, 2004

Fulham v Spurs Preview and my Memories of what happened 3 years ago

I have been to Craven Cottage 3 years ago when I saw Fulham beating Bolton by 3-0 in one of the last games at Craven Cottage before moving to Loftus Road for the past 2 seasons. I can still remember Malbranque scored a 25 yard screamer that day and Legwinski was booed throughout the match by the home supporters. In fact, that was the first English Premiership match that I evere attended, of couse closely followed by the main dish Spurs v Liverpool (1-0, Poyet).
The match was on the night when I arrived at London alone. If I recall correctly, that was a Monday. After leaving my baggage at where I stayed, I took the subway to Fulham (what's the station?) and walked past a big park along the River Thames to get to the box office. After getting my ticket, I asked a Fulham supporter on the direction of their club shop. That Fulham supporter happened to be a cab driver and he kindly drove me to the club shop (free of charge), a 5 minutes distance from the box office. We chatted on our 5 minute "journey" and I told him I travelled to London to catch the Spurs v Liverpool match. He greeted me good luck and asked me to enjoy the game. This is something which will never happen in Hong Kong.

Right, back to the match. Spurs enjoyed a 4-3 away win at Bolton in the League Cup in the midweek, and will be seeking to turn their goal threats at the Cup (10 goals in 2 games) to the league (6 goals in 10 games).

Edman, Atouba and Gardner all out, Redknapp suspended, Ziegler might get a chance to start on the left hand side and Bunji might perhaps start at the left back where he scored 2 goals in his 2 starts in the cup. In the central midfield, I would hope to see Mendes partnered by Davis with Carrick as backup. Defoe and Kanoute should form the striking partnership.

Prediction: I am biased so I would say 0-1 to Spurs.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Eric said...

I saw really much worthwhile info in this post!
denver wedding photography | dealerships in columbus ohio | Mattress Sale

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home